Got to get these out of the hamster wheel in my head:
1. What am I going to do about the umpteen bazillion aspen leaves underneath the six inches of snow?
2. Why won’t the mountain chickadees come down to feed? Is it the pack of stellar jays keeping them away? How am I going to fix this?
3. Are 12 mouse traps strategically placed around the house overkill? And how do I explain to the daughter who keeps telling me that mouse is one of her totem animals that I have to kill the mice?
4. And why did the mouse in the pantry prefer the peppermint Luna bar to the coconut Luna bar? Is there a way to capitalize on that?
5. Did we have fall? Did I miss it? Was I sick? Or asleep? How did it get to be winter? I’m so baffled.
6. Speaking of being baffled…why did Odysseus wander for years around the tiny Mediterranean Sea before finding his way back to Ithaca? Gracelyn and I cannot understand why he could not find his way home. It just doesn’t make any sense.
7. Why does Governor Chris Christie think he can be such a jerk to people? This is in reference to the picture circulating of him with a nasty look on his face wagging his finger in a woman’s face after she asked him about public education. She is a teacher. He went ballistic on her. And why is this man considered to be a good candidate to lead the free world?
8. Why exactly did people dislike Jimmy Carter so much? I read a post about him this morning and started wondering how our world may have been different if we had not been subjected to the Ronald Reagan years.
9. “Bring me your brokenness and I will fix it.” A quote from the homily of Father Faustini (sp?) on Sunday morning October 27 in reference to the power of god.
So much more, but we must start math lessons. And spend some more time cogitating on Odysseus’ travels.