I don’t really quite know where to start.
But, in true Maria-of-the-Abbey form, I’ll say (and not sing, as I don’t want to wake anyone up at the moment)…the beginning is a very good place to start.
But then, I’m not sure where the beginning might truly be.
Oh heck. Let’s just say that I’m back from the sort-of-self-imposed censorship that I’ve been under of late.
To heck with it. The censorship. And the reasons for it.
Suffice it to say that there are those among us who are not happy with the words I print. And, because it was made known to me…this unhappiness…I simply could not bring myself to sit down at the computer and let the words flow from my fingertips. I suppose in a way I had what is referred to as “writer’s block.” Quote unquote. Funny story: the 6 year old I live with is now bebopping around the house, putting quotation marks around just about anything that sounds like it needs a pair of those little hash marks floating in the air. Seriously. We’ll be having a conversation and she’ll put her little hands up in the air, curl her little fingers and say something and then give me the quote/unquote sign with the fingers (and yes, saying at the same time ‘quote, unquote’). I seriously, honestly do not know where she comes up with these things. Most of the time, I just laugh and shake my head in bewilderment. Those times when I need to be stern and all disciplinary-like…well, truth be told, I’m laughing so hard I can hardly speak.
But…as usual…I digress.
Back to the point I was trying to make…except that I’m not exactly sure what that was. Let me think a moment.
Ah yes, the “writer’s block” thing.
I was told I couldn’t write about several things and the few things left I could write about…well, I was just too damn embarrassing, cause my views are just too damn radical. So in reality it didn’t leave much to write about. Except maybe the weather. But who the hell wants to talk about the weather these days? I mean, even the damn weather leads to an argument. Cause you’re either a climate-change believin’, pinko commie lovin’, Subaru drivin’ librul…or you believe that climate change/global warming is all a librul hoax and just made up and dinosaurs and people lived at the same time and were actually used like horses and such and that makes the earth (and subsequently the good ol’ U. S. of A.) only 6000 years old and the President is a socialist who wants to change the currency and take away everyone’s guns and….lord love a duck I’ve done it again. Digressed.
See what happens when I don’t get all the junk in my head out in a regular fashion???? It all piles up and starts mushing into each other creating run-on sentences and incoherent thoughts and suddenly libruls are riding dinosaurs that are racing Subarus and stealing people’s guns.
Did you get all that?
And in other news of the day:
1. An NRA Nascar race had a sort of fatality…seems someone shot himself in the head out in the grassy area. I can’t seem to find out the particulars…but I’m just left wondering…was he the good guy or the bad guy…and would armed guards have prevented this…and so on…
2. Seriously. This one is almost too much to believe…and I do need to chase down the facts (just the facts ma’am…), but really. You just couldn’t make this up if you tried. Seems a man and his son were buying some fried chicken in a to-go joint down South and he was peeved about his order, or something like that, and he pulled out his trusty ol’ AK-47 and started threatening. Again, I’m not clear on the details…but my first thought was…as usual a la Wayne La Pierre…was he the good guy or the bad guy? And if he was the bad guy…where were the good guys with their trusty ol’ AK-47’s? And could you just imagine the scene? A whole bunch of dudes in a fried-chicken joint standing in a circle with their guns all pointed at each other…a big ol’ game of chicken!! (Sorry….could NOT help myself.) But seriously…seriously. Is it NECESSARY to carry your trusty ol’ AK-47 into a chicken joint just to order some dinner???????????????????????? What in the world is happening here???????????????????????? We’re mocking North Korea for being all blustery and stuff…but what the heck? (And I really, really wanted to use a much stronger word than heck..and no, it wasn’t hell…but I’m trying to sound classier these days.) To buy chicken??????????????????????????????????
3. I can’t find this link…and I only read it briefly, so I can’t completely confirm it…but a 6 yr old shot by a 4 yr old brother died today. ?????????????????????????????????? Do I even need to comment on this??????????????
4. Scientists are studying samples taken from people dying or who have died of a new strain of “bird flu”…better and more properly known as “H7N9″…with the consensus seemingly split on whether or not this strain has the potential to become a pandemic. Here we go again………………….
5. A study from Germany of 22 men between the ages of 21 and 52 concluded that men have a very difficult time understanding women. NO DUH! As if you needed a PhD and some study subjects to find that out. Just ask ANY woman alive today and you’ll have your answer. And believe me you…you’d have a helluva lot more subjects than 22.
(If you would like more information about this study, feel free to ask and I shall get you the link. I’m not in a linking mood tonight as it is late, I have much to do, and I still haven’t figured out how to do it in a neat, succinct fashion-link, that is.)
Alright. That’s about enough for this post.
I’ve actually got some awesome photos I took from this morning. That’s what I was going to write about…but the headache has been immense, the words needed to be released.
Until we meet again…..